Finding Mr Hart
Friday 24 November, performance at 17:30-18:30
The Cotton Exchange, Blackburn
Booking Required £2.50
The School of Advanced Studies, University of London are bringing their Being Human Festival 2017 to Blackburn. At the dawn of the 20th century, Robert Edward Hart lived a quiet life in Blackburn, managing a family rope-making business. Hart created one of Britain’s the most impressive book and coin collections. Using interviews, letters, business records and Hart’s personal notes, this creative theatre show takes audiences into the quiet but imaginative world of one of Britain’s most important collectors.
The event will be followed by a reception in the Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery.
Book now at this link https://www.ies.sas.ac.uk/events/event/13868
Please note Blackburn Cotton Exchange is an old building with risks involved to all those who enter it.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that loose masonry or other hazards on the walls have been removed. All ceiling tiles have been checked to ensure they are well fixed. Other areas have been netted where it was not possible to ensure safety. Hard hats may no longer be required therefore.
- There have been pigeons in the building, so the dust will contain pigeon droppings. There are no pigeons now and there has been a huge effort to reduce the dust, so face masks are not required.
- It is not possible to visit the site without being accompanied. Cordoned off areas are very unsafe and include holes in the floor, so do not cross a cordon.
- There is temporary lighting, so high visibility jackets are not required. There are no emergency lights.
- There is no disabled access or exit and there are no toilets.
- There is one fire exit at the back of the building, but this is through a cordoned off area.
- Continuing to book for this event is taken as understanding and agreement to these conditions
Enquiries about this event contact IESEvents@sas.ac.uk