What you need to know at a glance
Although the government is lifting the majority of legal Covid restrictions from Monday 19 July, our priority is the safety of our staff and visitors.
We encourage visitors to:
- wear face coverings
- use the hand sanitising stations that will remain in place
- respect social distancing – perspex screens will remain in place in reception areas
- follow any one-way systems designed to avoid over-crowding
- continue using the NHS Covid app to sign in, or leave their contact details for Track & Trace.
What we are doing:
- we will continue our enhanced cleaning
- although we will be increasing our capacity we will continue to monitor numbers to ensure your safety
- staff will continue to have a lateral flow test twice a week
- ensure our staff are fully trained in all new procedures and guidance.
Essential information for your visit
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE OPEN EVERY SUNDAY IN OCT 2021 FOR THE BRITISH TEXTILE BIENNIAL
Wednesday 12 – 4:45pm
Thursday 12 – 4:45pm
Friday 12 – 4:45pm
Saturday 12 – 4:45pm
Entry to the Museum is free
Getting to Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery
The museum is located on the corner of Richmond Terrace and Museum Street.
For a location map please click here.
Blackburn can be reached by the M65 via the M6 or M61. If you are travelling from Preston, Blackburn can be reached on the A677, from Bolton on the A666 and from Chorley on the A674.
There are pay and display bays around the town centre and above the Mall shopping centre. Short-stay (1 hour) pay and display spaces are located on Richmond Terrace and Museum Street.
The museum is happy to accommodate group visits. These can either be self-led, as part of a school group visit or as a guided tour. A guided tour lasts approximately one hour and can include tea/coffee. For guided tour charges or further information on any of these options please contact the museum.
- Gift Shop
- Full disabled access
- Children’s activities
- Baby changing facilities
- Refreshments available nearby
- Near to train and bus stops
- Learning sessions (see Learning section)
For full information about what Blackburn has to offer visitors please see VisitBlackburn website.